Sage Origin and Meaning
The name Sage is a boy's name of Latin origin meaning "wise and knowing".
Fits many criteria sought by modern parents: it's short and strong, with intimations of wisdom as well as fragrant herbal properties. At this point, Sage is given about a third of the time to boys.
# 442 in the US
Sage Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Sage
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Sage.
Lists containing Sage
- Country Boy Baby Names
- Boy Names That Peaked in 2018
- Middle Names for Boys
- Bold Bohemian Names for Boys
- Hot Celebrity Baby Names
- Unique Middle Names for Boys
- Unisex Names for Boys
- One-Syllable Middle Names for Boys
- Delicious Thanksgiving Names
- Bohemian Baby Names
- Rocker and Rapper Kids' Names
- Fastest-Rising Names on Nameberry
- Wonderful Word Names
- Nature Names for Babies
- Names That Mean Smart, Intelligent, or Wise
- Best Nature Names for Boys
- Virtue Names
- Witch, Wizard, and Warlock Names
- Middle Names for Baby Girls and Boys
Famous People Named Sage
- Sage Jamen RosenfelsAmerican football player
- Sage BrocklebankCanadian actor
- Sage Cullen KotsenburgAmerican snowboarder
- Sage Monroe NorthcuttAmerican mixed martial artist
- Paul William "Sage" FrancisAmerican rapper
- Sage CorreaAmerican actor
- Sage ReynoldsCanadian jazz bassist
- Sage Moonblood StalloneAmerican director; son of actor Sylvester Stallone
- Sage Gold Marshallson of actress Tracey Gold & Roby Marshall
- Sage Moonblood StalloneAmerican actor
Sage in Pop Culture
- Sagecharacter in "The False Prince" by Jennifer A. Nielsen
- Sagecharacter on TV's "The Vampire Diaries"
- Sagecharacter from web series "RWBY"
- Judge Sagecharacter in Jenny Nimmo's "The Children of the Red King" series
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.