Henry, after hovering around the latter half of the Top 100 for 35 years, is now at its highest point since the Hoover administration. Its stylishness has increased substantially to the point where in upmarket neighborhoods and suburbs, it seems every other boy is named either Jack or Henry. Still, Henry is a solid name with lots of history and personality, and a favorite on Nameberry.
Henry has a long pedigree as a royal name, with many worthy (as well as notorious) namesakes. There's Henry the Eighth, of course, along with all those other British kings named Henry, down to the current fifth in line to the throne, Prince Henry (who goes by Harry). Other illustrious Henrys that might provide baby name inspiration include Henry David Thoreau, Henry (Hank) Aaron, Henry James, Henry Ford and Henry Miller.
Numerous celebs have chosen Henry for their sons, from Julia Roberts to Minnie Driver to Heidi Klum to Colin Farrell.
Appealing international versions include Arrigo, Enrico, Enzio and Enrique.
Lists containing Henry:
- Hot Celebrity Baby Names
- If You Like Edward, You Might Love...
- Boy Names Trendier Than You Think
- Coolator for Boys' Names
- Yupster Baby Names for Boys
- Supermodel Baby Names
- Classic Baby Names for Boys
- If You Like Henry, You Might Love...
- Vintage Baby Names for Boys
- Traditional Baby Names
- Vintage Baby Names
- Royal Names for Boys
- Jane Austen Baby Names
- Big Apple Baby Names
- Victorian Royal Baby Names
- Classic Baby Names
- Old-Fashioned Baby Names
- Middle Names for Boys
- Saints' Names For Boys
- Names from the 1910s
- Baby Name Favorites Right Now
- Antique Baby Names Back in Style
- Favorite Names on Nameberry
- Fashionable Classic Baby Names
- English Names with International Style