German"yew wood, archer"
Ivo Origin and Meaning
The name Ivo is boy's name of German, Irish, Dutch origin meaning "yew wood, archer".
Ivo is an unusual, catchy name with the energetic impact of all names ending in 'o'. Hardly heard in the U.S., it is used a bit more frequently in England, as is the related Ivor, a favorite of such novelists as Evelyn Waugh and P.G. Wodehouse. Ivo is currently most popular in the Netherlands.
20 Names Similar to Ivo
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ivo.
Famous People Named Ivo
- Saint Ivo of RamseyCornish bishop
- Saint Ivo of ChartresFrench bishop
- Saint Ivo of KermartinBreton priest
- Ivo AndricBosnian,born Yugoslavian novelist and poet
- Ivo van HoveBelgian theater director
- Ivo GrahamEnglish comedian
- Ivo KarlovićCroatian tennis player
- Ivo Fiedler (b. 2013)son of Astrid Fiedler
Ivo in Pop Culture
- Ivo Robotnik aka Dr. Eggmanvillain in Sonic the Hedgehog
- Professor Ivoa villainous scientist in DC Comics
- Ivo Shandorcharacter in the Ghostbusters films
- Ivo Salvinimain character in film The Voice of the Moon
- Ivo Sackettcharacter in Louis L'Amour's novels Sackett's Land and To the Far Blue Mountains
- Ivo Sharktoothcharacter in webcomic Girl Genius
- Ivoprincess in the Book of Unwritten Tales video games