The name Poppy is a girl's name of Latin origin. Poppy is ranked #689 on our popularity charts and is often added to lists like Flower Names for Girls and discussed in our forums with posts like "Pick 5 (triplets -any gender)".
From the experts:
Poppy, unlike most floral names which are sweet and feminine, has a lot of spunk; Poppy makes an especially good choice for a redhead. Jamie Oliver -- the British "Naked Chef" -- used Poppy for his daughter Poppy Honey Rosie, as did Anthony Edwards, Jessica Capshaw, and Anna Paquin and Stephen Moyer.
One notable Poppy is Australian Without a Trace star Poppy Montgomery (full name Poppy Petal Emma Elizabeth--her mother named all her daughters after flowers: Lily, Daisy, Marigold and Rosie).
Poppy made the US Top 1000 for the first time in 2016, and has been on a popularity roll in England, Scotland, and Wales.
Other Poppy-like names to consider: Pippa and Piper and Petal.
Lists containing Poppy:
- High-Energy Baby Names
- If You Like Lily, You Might Love...
- Two-Syllable Baby Names
- Flower Names for Girls
- Coolator for Girls' Names
- British Girl Names
- Nicknames for Baby Girls
- Color Names for Babies
- Hipster Baby Names
- If You Like Daisy, You Might Love...
- If You Like Sadie, You Might Love...
- Cool Baby Names That Start With P
- Redhead Baby Names
- Film Noir Baby Names
- Names from Harry Potter
- Classic Celebrity Baby Names
- Nature Names Chosen by Celebrities
- Baby Name Favorites Right Now
- Baby Girl Names to Love Right Now
- Favorite Names on Nameberry
- Popular Baby Names 2017
- Goldfish Names
- 62 Excellent Names for Pisces Babies
- 60 Wonderful Names for Cancer Babies
- 71 Marvelous Names for May Babies
- 55 Amazing Names for August Babies