Gaia Origin and Meaning
The name of the Greek mythological earth goddess and universal mother; actress Emma Thompson stated that she was attracted by its ecological element, so other "green" parents may want to follow her lead.
Gaia is also an unrelated Latin name, the feminine form of Gaius. This is thought to come from gaudere, "rejoice".
20 Names Similar to Gaia
Famous People Named Gaia
- Gaia Germani (born Giovanna Giardina)Italian actress
- Gaïa JacquetMatisse, French,American socialite and actress; great great granddaughter of painter Henri Matisse
- Gaia WeissFrench actress
- Gaia CauchiMaltese pop singer
- Gaia SabbatiniItalian middle distance runner
- Gaia VinceBritish journalist and author
- Gaia Romilly Wise (b. 1999)daughter of actress Emma Thompson and Greg Wise
- Gaia Archey (b. 2012)daughter of actor Lamon Archey
- Gaia Jissel Ramirez Land (b. 2013)daughter of actress Dania Ramirez & director John Amos Beverly Land
Gaia in Pop Culture
- Gaia Bawdencharacter in "The Casual Vacancy" by J. K. Rowling
- Gaiacharacter on animated series "Captain Planet"
- Gaiacharacter in Rick Riordan's Heroes of Olympus series
- Gaiacharacter in Michael Grant's Gone Series
- Gaiaspirit of Earth in the British TV series 'Edge of Darkness' (1985)
- Gaiaspirit in film 'Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within' (2001)
- Gaia Mooremain character in the 'Fearless' series by Francine Pascal
- Gaiacharacter on the television series "The Almighty Johnson's"
- Gaia Silverwoodcharacter in the Spellcaster's Cataclysm Series
- Gaiacharacter on TV's "Rome"
- Gaiaplanet in video game 'Final Fantasy VII'
- Gaiacharacter in TV's 'The 100'