English, Italian"rock or rest"
Rocky Origin and Meaning
The name Rocky is both a boy's name and a girl's name of Italian origin meaning "rock or rest".
How many decades will it take for Rocky to triumph over its association with Sylvester Stallone's battered but not beaten boxer? The moment may have come, now that Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr. have named their son Rocky. It helps, too, that Madonna's son Rocco helped make the name child-appropriate again.
# 860 in the US
Rocky Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Rocky
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Rocky.
Lists containing Rocky
- Hot New Names of the 2010s
- Hot New Names of the 2010s
- Most Popular Names for Dogs
- Patriotic Baby Names
- German Shepherd Names
- Badass Dog Names
- Attitude Nicknames for Boys
- Names That Mean Trouble
- Pixar Baby Names
- Names Inspired by The Beatles
- Badass Baby Names
- Best Nature Names for Boys
- Beach Baby Names
- Wild Nature Names
- City Dog Names
- Nicknames for Baby Boys
- American Boy Names
- Cool Guy Names
- Celebrity Baby Boy Names
- Reptile Names
- Pet Bird Names
- Golden Retriever Names
- Husky Names
- Nature Names for Babies
- Cute Names for Boys
- Movie Character Names
Famous People Named Rocky
- Rocky Marciano (born Rocco Francis Marchegiano)American boxer
- Thomas Rocco "Rocky" GrazianoAmerican boxer
- Rocky ElsomAustralian Rugby Union Player
- Rocky Mark LynchAmerican guitarist of band R5
- Ross Carl "Rocky" AndersonAmerican politician
- Roscoe "Rocky" CarrollAmerican actor
- Rocky Johnsonring name of Wayde Douglas Bowles, Canadian pro wrestler and father of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
- Rocky James Prinze (b. 2012)son of actors Sarah Michelle Gellar and Freddie Prinze Jr.
- Rocky Joe Boatmanson of actor and poker player Ross Boatman
- Rockythe stage name of Park Minhyuk; dancer, rapper and vocalist of South Korean boy band Astro
- As a girl name:
- Rocky Barnesmodel
- Rocky Valentine Adlondaughter of Pamela Adlon
- Raquel "Rocky" Dakotareality TV star
- Raquel "Rocky" Santiagoreality TV star
Rocky in Pop Culture
- Rocky Balboamain character in the "Rocky" films
- Rocket J. "Rocky" Squirrelmain character in animated series "Rocky & Bullwinkle"
- Rocky Rodentcharacter in video game "Rocky Rodent"
- Rocky Sullivanmain character of the film "Angels with Dirty Faces"
- Rocky Wrenchescharacter in the Super Mario Bros. video games
- Rocky and Mugsygangster characters in Looney Tunes cartoons
- "Rocky" comic strip and its lead character
- Joseph "Rocky" Rockfordcharacter on TV's "The Rockford Files"
- Rocky the Breakdown Cranecharacter on TV series "Thomas and Friends "
- Rocky the Roostera main character in animated film "Chicken Run"
- Rockycharacter on animated series "PAW Patrol"
- Rocky Robinsoncharacter in the animated series "The Amazing World of Gumball"
- Rockya main character in "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"
- Rocky DeSantosred/blue ranger character in the Power Rangers series
- "Rocky Handsome" 2016 Indian film and its main character
- Rocky Rayburnbaby character in Netflix's "Bloodline"
- Rocky Gibraltartoy wrestler in the Toy Story series
- Raquel Oprah "Rocky" Bluefemale character on TV's "Shake It Up"
- Rocky Ranginuicharacter in the film "BOY"