The name Rafferty is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "floodtide, abundance, prosperity". Rafferty and is often added to lists like Names That Mean Water and discussed in our forums with posts like "Think/Say".
From the experts:
Jaunty and raffish, Rafferty is one of the most engaging of the Irish surnames, used by Jude Law and Sadie Frost for their son. Fortunately, it doesn't still go by its original form: O'Raighbheartaigh.
Raff and Rafe are two equally great nicknames.
Lists containing Rafferty:
- Names That Mean Water
- Three-Syllable Baby Names
- Irish Surname Names
- Irish Boy Names - Baby Names
- Cool Classic Boy Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Unique Irish Baby Names
- Hipster British Baby Names for Boys
- Irish Names for Dogs
- Names That Mean Ocean
- Names That Mean Wealth
- Names That Mean Fame and Fortune
- Cool Boys’ Names—Rare, Unique and Unusual
- Baby Boy Names 2019