The name Levi is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "joined, attached". Levi is ranked #37 on our popularity charts and is often added to lists like Bible Names for Boys and discussed in our forums with posts like "Names on NB that make you go WOW!".
From the experts:
Levi, lighter and more energetic than most biblical names, with its up vowel ending, combines Old Testament gravitas with the casual flair associated with Levi Strauss jeans.
Now it's being rediscovered in a major way -- Levi has been shooting up the charts in recent years -- especially after receiving a lot of attention as the sons of Matthew McConaughey, Sheryl Crow and Sara Gilbert.
In the Old Testament, Levi was the third son of Leah and Jacob, from whom the priestly tribe of Levites descended; in the New Testament, Levi was Matthew's given name before he became an apostle. In the Thomas Hardy novel Far from the Madding Crowd, Levi Everdene is the father of the heroine.
Lists containing Levi:
- Cool Bible Baby Names
- Two-Syllable Baby Names
- If You Like Adam, You Might Love...
- Boy Names Trendier Than You Think
- Yupster Baby Names for Boys
- Supermodel Baby Names
- Colonial Names for Boys
- Hipster Baby Names
- Popular Bible Baby Names
- If You Like Aaron, You Might Love...
- If You Like Jacob, You Might Love...
- If You Like Noah, You Might Love...
- Vintage Baby Names
- Boy Names ALWAYS in the Top 1000
- Celebrity Baby Names
- Designer Baby Names
- Cool Baby Names That Start With L
- Cool Guy Names
- Bible Names for Boys
- Cowboy Baby Names
- Old-Fashioned Baby Names
- Baby Name Favorites Right Now
- Antique Baby Names Back in Style
- Favorite Names on Nameberry
- Popular Baby Names 2017
- Hebrew Baby Names
- English Names with International Style
- Rustic Baby Names