English spelling variation of Miles"soldier or merciful"
Myles Origin and Meaning
The name Myles is boy's name of English origin.
This alternate spelling of Miles has its fans, among them Myles-parents Eddie Murphy and Lars Ulrich. Pro basketball player Myles Turner uses this spelling. The Myles spelling is also associated with Pilgrim Myles Standish and so can make one of the classic Thanksgiving baby names.
# 119 in the US
Myles Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Myles
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Myles.
Famous People Named Myles
- Myles StandishEnglish military officer to the Pilgrims
- Myles Richard KennedyAmerican singer of band Alter Bridge
- Myles Birket FosterEnglish illustrator
- Myles Christian TurnerAmerican basketball player
- Myles Arthur Eugene Wesley WestonAntiguan footballer
- Myles Lorenz GarrettAmerican NFL player
- Myles CoverdaleBishop of Exeter and translator
- Myles Madison JuryAmerican mixed martial artist
- Myles Fitzhugh Longfield Ponsonby12th Earl of Bessborough, British peer
- Myles MarshallAmerican runner; son of Olympic runner John Marshall
- Myles Mooreson of drummer Gil Moore of band Triumph
- Myles Holliday (b. 1993)son of actress Sherilyn Fenn and musician Toulouse Holliday
- Myles Nelson (b. 1997)son of TV personality Shaunie O'Neal; ex,stepson of basketball player Shaquille O'Neal
- Myles McCallum (b. 1999)son of actress Keeley Hawes and Spencer McCallum
- Myles Deeney (b. 2010)son of footballer Troy Deeney
- Myles Alex Conley (b. 2016)son of basketball player Mike Conley, Jr.
- Myles Stephensonmember of music group Rak,su
- Myles Spiegel (b. 2019)son of Miranda Kerr and Evan Spiegel.
Myles in Pop Culture
- Myles Mitchellfrom the TV show "Moesha"
- Myles Conwayfrom TV series "The Famous Jett Jackson"
- Myles of Olaucharacter in Tamora Pierce's Tortall books
- Mylescharacter in the TV series "The 100"
- Mylesa king of Laconia in Greek mythology