Italian variation of John"God is gracious"
Giovanni Origin and Meaning
The name Giovanni is boy's name of Italian origin meaning "God is gracious".
Giovanni is a venerable Italian classic that suddenly sounds fresh and cool. Ubiquitous in Italy, it has countless notable namesakes, from writer Boccaccio to designer Versace (nn Gianni).
# 122 in the US
Giovanni Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Giovanni
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Giovanni.
Famous People Named Giovanni
- (Antonino) Giovanni RibisiAmerican actor; twin of Marissa Ribisi
- Giovanni Maria "Gianni" VersaceItalian fashion designer
- Giovanni SforzaItalian condottiero, lord of Pesaro and Gradara; first husband of Lucrezia Borgia
- Giovanni BoccaccioItalian writer, poet, and Renaissance man
- Giovanni VillaniItalian banker, diplomat and chronicler of Florence
- Giovanni GentileItalian Fascist philosopher
- Giovanni TrapattoniItalian footballer and manager
- Giovanni PapiniItalian journalist, novelist and critic
- Giovanni MorassuttiItalian actor, theatre director and cultural entrepreneur; member of the Morassutti family
- Giovanni FerrariItalian footballer
- Giovanni LavaggiItalian racing driver
- Giovanni SimeoneItalian footballer; son of coach Diego Simeone
- Giovanni van BronckhorstDutch footballer
- Giovanni Baglioni (b. 1982)son of singer Claudio Baglioni
- Giovanni de Maria (b. 2001)son of actress Isabella Ferrari and Renato de Maria
- Giovanni Thomas Alferio (b. 2012)quintuplet of Jake and Leann Alferio
Giovanni in Pop Culture
- Giovannicharacter in the Pokemon video games
- Giovanni Auditorecharacter in video game 'Assassin's Creed II'
- Clan Giovannifamily of vampires in tabletop game 'Vampire: The Masquerade'