Gunner Origin and Meaning
The name Gunner is a boy's name of Scandinavian origin meaning "bold warrior".
The kind of nouveau macho name favored by NRA-leaning parents. Killers' frontman Brandon Flowers gave it to his son in 2009. Gunnar is another spelling that makes the name a bit less militaristic.
# 294 in the US
Gunner Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Gunner
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Gunner.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Gunner
- Names with Military Meanings
- Cool Cowboy Baby Names
- Badass Baby Names
- Country Boy Baby Names
- American Boy Names
- New Baby Names on the Rise
- Badass Dog Names
- Attitude Names for Boys
- Names That Mean Warrior, Soldier, or Knight
- Reality TV Baby Names
- Boy Names Dads Like More Than Moms
- Names That Mean Trouble
- Celebrity Baby Names
- Wild Western Names for Dogs
Famous People Named Gunner
- Gunnerring name of Chad Lail, American pro wrestler
- Gunner Scottring name of Brent Albright, American pro wrestler
- Christian "Gunner" de MediciAmerican adult film actor
- Gunner Nicholas Sixx (b. 1991)son of musician Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe
- Gunner Vincent Calaway (b. 1993)son of pro wrestler The Undertaker
- Gunner Robert Papelbon (b. 2010)son of baseball player Jonathan Papelbon
- Gunner Black Furstenfeld (b. 2016)son of singer Justin Furstenfeld of Blue October
- Gunner Stone Pratt (b.2017)son of Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt
- Gunner Gomez member of Hi5 studio
Gunner in Pop Culture
- Gunner Jensencharacter in The Expendables movies
- Gunnercharacter in webcomic "Zap!"
- Gunnerkrigg Courta webcomic by Tom Siddell
- Gunnernickname for fans of rock band Guns N' Roses