Zadie Origin and Meaning
The name Zadie is a girl's name of Hebrew origin meaning "princess".
When aspiring British writer Sadie Smith decided to change her name to the more distinctive and zippy Zadie at the age of fourteen, this attention-magnet name was born. But though it might sound like a modern initial-switch, Zadie was actually Number 539 in 1881, remaining in the Top 1000 for almost thirty years.
20 Names Similar to Zadie
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Zadie.
Lists containing Zadie
- Alternatives to Daisy
- Beautiful Bohemian Names for Girls
- Names All Your Friends Will Think Are Cool
- Literary Baby Names Inspired by Authors
- Classic Baby Names with a Twist
- Attitude Nicknames for Girls
- Cool Classic Girl Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Baby Names Everyone Thinks Are Cool
- Unique Baby Girl Names
- Hipster Baby Names
- Nicknames for Baby Girls
- Literary Baby Names
- Cool Baby Names That Start With Z
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Names That Mean Ruler or Royal
- Creative Baby Names
- Creative Cat Names
- Cute Baby Names for Girls
- Cute Baby Names
Famous People Named Zadie
- Sadie "Zadie" SmithBritish novelist
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.