Hawaiian variation of Mary"bitter"
Malia Origin and Meaning
The name Malia is a girl's name of Hawaiian origin meaning "bitter".
Makes Grandma Mary or Maria's name fresh and modern. A fairly unusual name made more familiar by one of Barack and Michelle Obama's young daughters.
# 259 in the US
Malia Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Malia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Malia.
Lists containing Malia
- Exotic Lite Baby Names
- Names Girls Love Having
- Alternatives to Lily
- International Variations of Mary
- July Baby Names
- Hawaiian Baby Names
- All-American Baby Names
- American Girl Names
- Cool International Girl Names
Famous People Named Malia
- Malia Ann Obamadaughter of former U.S. president Barack Obama
- Malia JonesAmerican model and surfer
- Malia HosakaAmerican pro wrestler
- Malia Scotch MarmoAmerican screenwriter
- Malia MetellaFrench Olympic swimmer
- Lee Maliaguitarist of British metalcore band Bring Me the Horizon
Malia in Pop Culture
- Malia Tatecharacter on TV's "Teen Wolf"
- Malia Clarkcharacter in Kristen Ashley's Rock Chick series
- Malia Fitzpatrickcharacter in the 2012 movie "Won't Back Down"