The fame of actress and Aerosmith daughter Liv Tyler helped to infuse life into this short but solid Scandinavian name that was chosen for her daughter by Julianne Moore. It was on the rise in 2016, reaching Number 696 after entering the popularity charts in 2011.
Liv Tyler was given the name after her mother, Bebe Buell, saw an image of Norwegian actress Liv Ullmann on the cover of TV Guide shortly before her daughter's birth.
Liv combines the succinct charm of a nickname—people might assume it's short for Olivia—with the solidity of being a classic stand-alone Scandinavian name with a life-force meaning.
Lists containing Liv:
- Girl Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- Cool Middle Names
- Nicknames for Girls
- Dutch Baby Names for Girls
- Celebrity-Inspired Baby Names
- If You Like Olivia, You Might Love....
- Cool Classic Girls’ Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Baby Girl Names to Love Right Now
- Attitude Nicknames for Girls