Latin, Irish, or Old Norse"one; lamb; happy"
Una Origin and Meaning
The name Una is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "one; lamb; happy".
In an epic poem, the personification of truth, beauty, and unity; this ancient name is popular in several European countries but less common in the US. The Oona spelling is slightly more popular but Una sleeker.
# in the US
Una Rank in US Top 1000
# 493 on Nameberry
Una Rank in Nameberry Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Una
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Una.
Famous People Named Una
- Una Theresa Imogene HealyIrish singer of The Saturdays
- Una Hawthornedaughter of Sophia Peabody and Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Una MerkelAmerican actress
- Una Constance PopeHennessy, British writer and historian
- Una O'Connor (born Agnes Teresa McGlade)Irish character actress
- Una StubbsEnglish actress
- Saoirse Una RonanIrish actress
- Una Jefferswife of American poet Robinson Jeffers
- Scout Una Denyer (b. 2015)daughter of TV presenter Grant Denyer
Una in Pop Culture
- Una Meredithcharacter in the "Anne of Green Gables" series
- Unamain character in Barbara Cartland's book "Alone in Paris"
- "Una" song by Filipino band Sponge Cola
- "Una" novel by Serbian writer Momo Kapor
- Unacharacter in poem "The Faerie Queene" by Edmund Spenser
- Unaone code name of DC Comics super heroine Luornu Durgo
- Unacharacter in "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman
- Una Ominouscharacter in Jenny Nimmo's "The Children of the Red King" series
- Una Fluxcharacter in TV series/action movie "Aeon Flux"
- Otomachi Unaa Japanese Vocaloid
- Unaalso known informally as Number One, was a female Human Starfleet officer in the 23rd century. Since 2254 at least, she served aboard the USS Enterprise as Christopher Pike's first officer. The character of "Number One" was on Star Trek The Original Series & Star Trek: Discovery , In The Original Series, Una/Number One was played by Majel Barrett Rodenberry & on
- Star Trek: Discovery Una was played by Rebecca RomijnThe name "Una" appears in the Star Trek: Discovery episode "Such Sweet Sorrow, Part 2" (at about 40:30), when Pike says, "I'm giving you the conn, Una." Michelle Paradise, executive producer of Discovery, confirmed that the show had taken the name from the novels. The name "Una" is mentioned again in the Star Trek: Short Treks episode "Q&A"
Una in Nameberry Blog Posts
- The Top Scottish Names You Never Hear
- Secret Nature Names Bring the Outside In
- Little Black Dress Names Are Always in Style
- Most Popular British Names A to Z
- Top Baby Names by Letter Through the Ages
- Unusual Vintage Names for Girls
- U Names for Babies Are the Most Unique
- March Baby Names Let The Sunshine In!
- How I Named My Baby: Lucinda Maud
- Baby Name Numerology: Number Names Count!
- 200 Best Twin Girl Names 2023
- The Top Baby Names A-Z
- Best O Names for Girls
- Unique Twin Names to Inspire
- I Named My Son Liam Before It Got Popular
- Top Baby Name Trends of 2024