Word name, various origins
Brick Origin and Meaning
The name Brick is boy's name of German, Irish Gaelic, Yiddish origin.
This is an Anglicized form of various names; the Irish Gaelic O Bruic; German, Bruck or Breck, meaning "swamp" or "wood"; Yiddish, Brik, "bridge"; and Slovenian, Bric, "dweller from a hilly place." Gosh, and we thought it was just a macho word name invented by Tennessee Williams for the hero of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
20 Names Similar to Brick
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Brick.
Famous People Named Brick
- Brick StowellAmerican photographer
- Brick Bronskystage name of Jeffrey Beltzner, American actor and pro wrestler
- Brick Dudley SmithAmerican baseball player
- Brick HaleyAmerican football coach and player
- Jacob Roger "Brick" FleagleAmerican jazz guitarist
- John William "Brick" BreedenAmerican basketball coach and player
- Brick Sullivan (born John Lambertson Scroggs)American actor
- Clarence Bernard "Brick" OwensAmerican umpire
Brick in Pop Culture
- Brick Pollittmain character in Tennessee Williams' "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"
- Brick Heckyoungest son on TV's "The Middle"
- Brick Tamlandcharacter from "Anchorman"
- Brick Bollingercharacter from U.K. television series "Outnumbered"
- Brick Breelandcharacter on "Hart of Dixie"
- Brickcharacter on "Total Drama Revenge of the Island"
- Brickcharacter on "Kim Possible"
- Bricka character from "The Powerpuff Girls"
- Slang meaning "a good fellow" from 1800/1900s
- The name has been used as a nickname for people who are reliable and strong.