Hebrew, or Turkish"oak tree, or halo, moonlight"
Ayla Origin and Meaning
The name Ayla is girl's name of Hebrew, Turkish origin meaning "oak tree, or halo, moonlight".
Tired of Ava and Isla? Consider Ayla, a more offbeat choice and a lovely name that means light as well as tree. Its literary reference is the independent and feisty heroine of Jean Auel's The Clan of the Cave Bear.
# 108 in the US
Ayla Rank in US Top 1000
- 51New Zealand2022
20 Names Similar to Ayla
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ayla.
Famous People Named Ayla
- Ayla Marie KellAmerican actress
- Ayla Marie BrownAmerican singer
- Ayla SchwartzAmerican actress
- Ayla AlganTurkish actress
- Ayla DikmenTurkish singer
- Ayla Akat AtaTurkish MP
- Ayla MalikPakistani politician
- Ayla Razadaughter of former Pakistani president Pervez Musharraf
- Ayla Thornton (b. 2010)daughter of ice hockey player Joe Thornton
- Ayla Collins (b. 2015)daughter of late rugby union player Jerry Collins
- Ayla Mauresmo (b. 2017)daughter of tennis player and coach Amelie Mauresmo
Ayla in Pop Culture
- Aylamain character in the Clan of the Cave Bear/Earth's Children series by Jean Auel
- Ayla Ranzz aka Lightning Lasscharacter in DC Comics
- Princess Aylacharacter in video game "Chrono Trigger"
- Ayla Bellimother in video game "Haunting Ground"
- "Ayla: The Daughter of War" 2017 Turkish film and its main character
- "Ayla" song by The Maccabees
- Ayla in scottish means "from a strong and resilient place"in Turkish means "halo around the moon" or simply "moonlight" and in Sanskrit means "light".