Una Origin and Meaning
The name Una is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "one; also, lamb".
In an epic poem, the personification of truth, beauty, and unity; this ancient name is popular in Ireland but rarely heard here. The Oona spelling has more oomph.
20 Names Similar to Una
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Una.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Una
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Beautiful Bohemian Names for Girls
- Names That Mean New and New Beginnings
- Unique Irish Girl Names
- Best British Girl Names
- British Baby Names
- Short Baby Names
- Fictional Princess Names
- Unique Girl Names Ending with A
- Vintage Baby Names
- Unique Celebrity Baby Names
- October Baby Names
- November Baby Names
- Cool Classic Girl Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Cool Baby Names That Start With U
- Scottish Baby Names
- Best Scottish Girl Names
- Unique Baby Girl Names
- Bohemian Baby Names
- Unusual Baby Names
- January Baby Names
- Hipster Baby Names
- Best Girl Names Starting with Vowels
- March Baby Names
- Heroine Baby Names
- Aries Baby Names
- Vintage Girl Names
- Charming Easter Baby Names
- Names with Animal Meanings
Famous People Named Una
- Una Theresa Imogene HealyIrish singer of The Saturdays
- Una Hawthornedaughter of Sophia Peabody and Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Una MerkelAmerican actress
- Una Constance PopeHennessy, British writer and historian
- Una O'Connor (born Agnes Teresa McGlade)Irish character actress
- Una StubbsEnglish actress
- Saoirse Una RonanIrish actress
- Una Jefferswife of American poet Robinson Jeffers
- Scout Una Denyer (b. 2015)daughter of TV presenter Grant Denyer
Una in Pop Culture
- Una Meredithcharacter in the "Anne of Green Gables" series
- Unamain character in Barbara Cartland's book "Alone in Paris"
- "Una" song by Filipino band Sponge Cola
- "Una" novel by Serbian writer Momo Kapor
- Unacharacter in poem "The Faerie Queene" by Edmund Spenser
- Unaone code name of DC Comics super heroine Luornu Durgo
- Unacharacter in "Stardust" by Neil Gaiman
- Una Ominouscharacter in Jenny Nimmo's "The Children of the Red King" series
- Una Fluxcharacter in TV series/action movie "Aeon Flux"
- Otomachi Unaa Japanese Vocaloid
- Unaalso known informally as Number One, was a female Human Starfleet officer in the 23rd century. Since 2254 at least, she served aboard the USS Enterprise as Christopher Pike's first officer. The character of "Number One" was on Star Trek The Original Series & Star Trek: Discovery , In The Original Series, Una/Number One was played by Majel Barrett Rodenberry & on
- Star Trek: Discovery Una was played by Rebecca RomijnThe name "Una" appears in the Star Trek: Discovery episode "Such Sweet Sorrow, Part 2" (at about 40:30), when Pike says, "I'm giving you the conn, Una." Michelle Paradise, executive producer of Discovery, confirmed that the show had taken the name from the novels. The name "Una" is mentioned again in the Star Trek: Short Treks episode "Q&A"