German, Slovene, and Scandinavian form of Maya; also, Arabic"splendid"
Maja Origin and Meaning
The name Maja is a girl's name of Arabic, German, Scandinavian origin meaning "splendid".
Whether you pronounce it my-a, ma-zha or ma-ha, Maja is an intriguing choice. Sometimes associated with Goya's famous painting "The Naked Maja." As a cognate of Maya, it's a Top 10 name in Slovenia and Sweden and is also popular in Germany and Norway.
20 Names Similar to Maja
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Maja.
Lists containing Maja
Famous People Named Maja
- Maja Einstein (18811951), Albert Einstein's sister
- Maja HugSwiss figure skater
- Maja Ivarssonlead vocalist for The Sounds
- Maja Lidia KossakowskaPolish fantasy writer
- Maja MarkovicSerbian singer & former member of group Luna
- Maja NekicCroatian actress
- Marijana "Maja Marijana" RadovanovicSerbian singer
- Maja SalvadorFilipino actress, dancer, model & producer
- Maja TaticSerbian singer who represented Bosnia at Eurovision
- Maja Salamonmodel
- Maja AmcoffSwedish singer,songwriter
Maja in Pop Culture
- Maja DraculaRomanian vampire from "Maja & Saran"
- Maja the Sky Witcha character from the Adventure Time cartoon series
More Lists containing Maja
- Arabic Names
- German Names
- Scandinavian Names
- Slovenian Names
- Arabic Names for Girls
- German Names for Girls
- Scandinavian Names for Girls
- Slovene Names for Girls
- Slovenian Names for Girls
- 4 Letter Girl Names
- Girl Names Ending in A
- Names That Mean Splendid
- Names That Mean Form
- Two Syllable Names for Girls
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.