Maja Origin and Meaning
The name Maja is a girl's name of Arabic, German, Scandinavian origin meaning "splendid".
Whether you pronounce it my-a, ma-zha or ma-ha, Maja is an intriguing choice. Sometimes associated with Goya's famous painting "The Naked Maja." As a cognate of Maya, it's a Top 10 name in Slovenia and Sweden and is also popular in Germany and Norway.
20 Names Similar to Maja
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Maja.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Maja
Famous People Named Maja
- Maja Einstein (18811951), Albert Einstein's sister
- Maja HugSwiss figure skater
- Maja Ivarssonlead vocalist for The Sounds
- Maja Lidia KossakowskaPolish fantasy writer
- Maja MarkovicSerbian singer & former member of group Luna
- Maja NekicCroatian actress
- Marijana "Maja Marijana" RadovanovicSerbian singer
- Maja SalvadorFilipino actress, dancer, model & producer
- Maja TaticSerbian singer who represented Bosnia at Eurovision
- Maja Salamonmodel
- Maja AmcoffSwedish singer,songwriter
Maja in Pop Culture
- Maja DraculaRomanian vampire from "Maja & Saran"
- Maja the Sky Witcha character from the Adventure Time cartoon series