Italian, Spanish"renowned warrior"
Luisa Origin and Meaning
The name Luisa is a girl's name of Italian origin meaning "renowned warrior".
This streamlined Italian and Spanish spelling of Louisa is currently very popular in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Portugal, where it's usually spelt Luísa.
# 990 in the US
Luisa Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Luisa
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Luisa.
Lists containing Luisa
- Fastest-Rising Girl Names
- Uncommon Girl Names in the US
- Disney Channel Baby Names
- Latinx Baby Names
- Royal Baby Names for Your Little Prince or Princess
- Royal Names for Girls
Famous People Named Luisa
- Luisa María Francisca de Guzmán y SandovalQueen consort of John IV of Portugal
- Maria Luisa of Parma (born Luisa Maria Teresa Ana)Queen consort of Charles IV of Spain
- María Luisa of SpainHoly Roman Empress consort of Leopold II
- Maria Luisa Gabriella of SavoyQueen consort of Philip V of Spain
- Luisa Durán de la FuenteFirst Lady of Chile as wife of President Ricardo Lagos
- Luísa Dias DiogoPrime Minister of Mozambique
- Luisa Isabel María del Carmen Cristina Rosalía Joaquina Alvarez de Toledo y Maura21st Duchess of Medina Sidonia
- Luisa Christina ZissmanBritish businesswoman ("The Apprentice UK")
- Luisa ValenzuelaArgentine novelist
- María Luisa PennePuerto Rican painter
- María Luisa BembergArgetine film director
- María Luisa PiraquiveColombian singer
- LuisaMarchesa Casati Stampa di Soncino, Italian heiress and art patron
- (María) Luisa MartínSpanish actress
- Luisa TetrazziniItalian operatic soprano
- Luisa BradshawWhite, English actress
- Luisa Ferida (born Luigia Manfrini Frané)Italian actress
- (María) Luisa Cáceres Díaz de ArismendiVenezuelan national heroine
- Luisa RivelliItalian actress
- Luisa RossiItalian actress
- Luisa RanieriItalian actress
- Luisa MorgantiniItalian MEP
- Luisa PiccarretaItalian mystic
- Luisa Ignacia RoldánSpanish sculptor
- Luisa VärkEstonian pop singer
- Luisa María de Guadalupe CalderónMexican politician
- María Luisa Josefina Antonieta Vicenta de BorbónDuchess of Lucca
- Julianna Luisa MarguliesAmerican actress
- Luisa Danbi GrierKim (b. 2008), daughter of American actor and comedian David Alan Grier
Luisa in Pop Culture
- Luisa Milleropera by Verdi
- Luisa Anselmicharacter in the film "8 1/2"
- Luisa Continicharacter in the film "Nine"
- Luisa Warringtoncharacter on British soap "Family Affairs"
- Luisa Alvercharacter on The CW's "Jane The Virgin"
- Luisacharacter on TV's "Elena of Avalor"