Dante Origin and Meaning
The name Dante is a boy's name of Italian, Latin origin meaning "enduring".
Though closely associated with the great medieval Florentine poet Dante Alighieri -- who's so famous most people skip the last name -- it's not as much of a one-man name as you might think. Heck, it's not even a one-poet name, thanks to British pre-Rapahaelite Dante Gabriel Rosetti. Though especially well used in the Italian-American community, it would make a striking name for any little boy.
# 308 in the US
Dante Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Dante
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Dante.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Dante
Famous People Named Dante
- Dante AlighieriItalian poet
- Dante Santiago RosarioAmerican football player
- Dante Gabriel RossettiBritish Pre,Raphaelite painter
- (Alphonse) Dante BichetteAmerican baseball player
- Dante R. BascoAmerican actor
- Dante ExumAustralian basketball player
- Dante Bonfim Costa SantosBrazilian footballer
- Dante de Blasio (b. 1997)son of politician Bill de Blasio
- Dante Jordan Knight (b. 1999)son of singer Jordan Knight
- Dante Taylor (b. 2001)son of rapper Funkmaster Flex
- Dante Meloni (b. 2004)son of actor Christopher Meloni
- Dante Aristizábal Martínez (b. 2009)son of singer Juanes and actress Karen Martinez
- Dante DiFranco Napolitano (b. 2013)son of singer Ani DiFranco and Mike Napolitano
- Dante Cambiasso (b. 2013)son of footballer Esteban Cambiasso
- Dante Nilsson (b. 2015)son of singers Maja Ivarsson and Fredrik Nilsson of The Sounds
- Damien Dante WayansAmerican actor; son of actress Elvira Wayans
- Dante Melucci Broadway Actor and Drummer
Dante in Pop Culture
- Dantefictional character and Xoloitzcuintli dog in Pixar's 2017 animated film "Coco"
- Dantecharacter in Devil May Cry series
- Dante Hickscharacter in the films "Clerks" (1994) and "Clerks II" (2006)
- Dante Quintanacharacter in "Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe" by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- Dante's Peak" 1997 film
- Dante Ramoncharacter on TV's "The Flash"
- Dantecharacter in Aphmau's YouTube series
- Dantefemale character in the anime Fullmetal Alchemist
- Dante Falconericharacter on TV's "General Hospital"