Claudio Origin and Meaning
The name Claudio is a boy's name of Spanish, Latin origin meaning "lame; enclosure".
Claudio, a most appealing Italian name, is featured in not one, but two Shakespearean plays, ,Measure for Measure and Much Ado About Nothing. While "lame" is the most widely acknowledged meaning, some etymologists theorize that the name may relate to the word for enclosure or clause, an alternate meaning that may appeal to a child with a form of this otherwise-attractive name.
20 Names Similar to Claudio
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Claudio.
Lists containing Claudio
Famous People Named Claudio
- Claudio MarchisioItalian footballer
- Claudio Miguel PizarroPeruvian footballer
- Claudio Andrés BravoChilean footballer
- Claudio Giovanni Antonio MonteverdiItalian composer
- Claudio RanieriItalian football manager
- Claudio ReynaAmerican soccer player
- Claudio BarragánSpanish footballer
- Claudio GentileItalian footballer
- Claudio AbbadoItalian conductor
- Claudio Paul Sanchez; American lead singer of band Coheed and Cambria
- Claudio SchwartzAmerican actor
Claudio in Pop Culture
- Claudioa character in William Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing
- Claudioa character in William Shakespeare's Measure for Measure
- Claudio Kilgannona character in The Amory Wars
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.