English"old, wise friend"
Alden Origin and Meaning
The name Alden is a boy's name of English origin meaning "old, wise friend".
Hot young actor Alden Ehrenreich, the new Han Solo, gives this formerly-stodgy surname name an attractive new image, making it a fresh successor to Aiden or Holden. Before it got this fresh shine, Alden was among the classic Thanksgiving baby names.
# 670 in the US
Alden Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Alden
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alden.
Lists containing Alden
- Preppy Baby Names
- Virgo Baby Names
- Labrador Retriever Names
- Names That Mean Friend or Friendly
- Friendly Dog Names
- Pilgrim Names
- Colonial Names for Boys
- Colonial Craftsmen Names
- Names That Mean Smart, Intelligent, or Wise
- Delicious Thanksgiving Names
- Colonial Names from the 1700s
Famous People Named Alden
- Alden Caleb EhrenreichAmerican actor
- Alden Winship "Tom" ClausenAmerican former president of the World Bank
- Alden McNee McLaughlinPremier of the Cayman Islands
- Alden CarterAmerican novelist
- Alden B. DowAmerican architect
- Alden Richardsstage name of Richard Reyes Faulkerson, Jr., Filipino actor and TV personality of duo AlDub
- Alden JenksAmerican composer
- Alden G. Barber5th Chief Scout Executive of the Boy Scouts of America
- Alden Carlson MasonAmerican painter
- Alden Albert NowlanCanadian poet
- Alden John BellBishop of Sacramento, California
- Alden PartridgeAmerican military education pioneer
- Alden Presley Osborn (b. 2019)son of actress Angelique Cabral
Alden in Pop Culture
- Alden Jonescharacter on animated series "Braceface"
- Alden Pylecharacter in film "The Quiet American"
- Alden Vackercharacter in Shannon Messenger's series "Keeper of the Lost Cities"
- Kieran Aldencharacter in the "Sky Chasers" book series by Amy Kathleen Ryan
- Rev. Robert AldenChurch Minister in Laura Ingalls Wilder's "Little House" series