Cain Origin and Meaning
The name Cain is boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "spear; possessed".
Biblical name Cain was, until recently, seldom heard outside of the Old Testament and soap operas. Although Cain's murderous actions will always make this name difficult for some, Cain, Eve and Adam's firstborn, was a farmer - making this a good choice for those with farming connections. Long outshone by Abel, Cain is starting to find a broader audience, helped along by homophones Kane or Caine.
# 956 in the US
Cain Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Cain
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Cain.
Famous People Named Cain
- Cain Ramirez VelasquezAmerican mixed martial artist
- Cain AcklandAustralian rules footballer
- Cain DeVoreAmerican actor
Cain in Pop Culture
- Cainin the mountains of Judah (Joshua 15:57)
- Cain Marko aka JuggernautMarvel Comics character
- Cain Zachariah Dinglecharacter on British soap "Emmerdale"
- Caincharacter in film "RoboCop 2"
- Caincharacter on TV's "Supernatural"
- Deckard Caincharacter in video game "Diablo"
- Caina main antagonist in the Sarah J Maas book, Throne of Glass
- Cain Blooda character in the anime/manga "Banana Fish"