Angelo Origin and Meaning
The name Angelo is boy's name of Italian origin meaning "angel, messenger".
Old-school Italian name that could find new fans thanks to singer Adele, who chose it for her son after months of baby name mystery. Angelo is in the same name category as Rocco, the name of Madonna's son, and may get a fresh coat of cool.
# 313 in the US
Angelo Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Angelo
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Angelo.
Famous People Named Angelo
- Angelo BuonoAmerican serial killer, one of the two Hillside Stranglers
- Angelo BadalamentiAmerican film composer
- Angelo SodanoItalian Dean of the College of Cardinals
- Angelo F. TaylorAmerican Olympic hurdler
- Angelo John PoffoAmerican pro wrestler
- Angelo Bortolo BertelliAmerican football player
- Angelo DundeeAmerican boxing trainer
- Angelo MoscaAmerican CFL player and pro wrestler
- Angelo Emolast Grand Admiral of the Republic of Venice
- Angelo James Adkins (b. 2012)son of singer Adele
- Angelo D'Aleosinger for The Belmonts
- Angelo Gabriel Kellymember of The Kelly Family
Angelo in Pop Culture
- Angelo Sorrentocharacter on TV's "Switched at Birth"
- Angelocharacter on TV's "The Pretender"
- Angelo Badsmithcharacter in movie "The Invention of Lying"
- Angelo Espositocharacter in movie "The Flyboys"
- Nico di Angelocharacter in Rick Riordan's book series'
- Angelocharacter in video game 'Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King'
- Angelo Lagusa (alias Avilio Bruno)protagonist in the anime "91 Days"
- On S3E8 of TV's "The Big Bang Theory" protagonist Leonard Hofstadter refers to Angelo as "a cool name" while lamenting his own name