English"noble friend, friend of the elves"
Alvin Origin and Meaning
The name Alvin is boy's name of English origin meaning "noble friend, friend of the elves".
Alvin has a sturdy, no-frills sound that belies its somewhat whimsical meaning. Interesting potential namesakes include British rocker Alvin Stardust, and US footballer Alvin Williams, and African-American dance legend (and activist) Alvin Ailey.
# 769 in the US
Alvin Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Alvin
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alvin.
Famous People Named Alvin
- Alvin LustigModernist Designer
- Alvin LucierComposer
- Alvin Nathaniel JoinerAmerican rapper
- Alvin Adamsearly 19th century businessman
- Alvin AileyAfrican American choreographer and activist
- Alvin Boyd Kuhnreligious scholar
- Alvin Cheunggraphic designer who worked on stop,motion claymated television series Pingu.
- Alvin DarkMajor League Baseball player and manager
- Alvin DavisMajor League Baseball player
- Alvin GoldmanAmerican philosopher
- Alvin Hallfinancial adviser, author and TV presenter
- Alvin HarrisonAmerican Olympic gold medal runner
- Alvin P. HoveyAmerican Civil War general, Indiana supreme court justice, congressman, and governor of Indiana
- Alvin Karpisnoted American criminal and "public enemy"
- Alvin KraenzleinAmerican athlete, four time gold medalist at the 1900 Paris Olympics
- Alvin Langdon Coburnphotographer
- Alvin Leeborn Graham Barnes, guitarist and singer
- Alvin MartinEnglish footballer
- Alvin Plantingaphilosopher
- Alvin RobertsonNBA basketball player
- Alvin Saundersgovernor of Nebraska Territory and later U.S. Senator from Nebraska
- Alvin Stardustborn Bernard Jewry, English pop singer
- Alvin Tofflerwriter and futurist
- Alvin C. Yorkfamous World War I soldier, Medal of Honor awardee
- Alvin Soura PandeyBangladeshi Audio Engineer
- Alvinone of many pseudonyms of Ken Laszlo, Eurobeat vocalist
Alvin in Pop Culture
- Alvin and the Chipmunks (which includes Simon and Theodore)
- Alvin Kershcharacter from "The X Files"
- Alvinfrom movie "ParaNorman"
- Alvincrater on Mars
- AlvinCanadian Standardbred racehorse
- 13677 Alvinasteroid
- DSV Alvindeep,submergence vehicle
- Alvinfictional planet on ALF (TV series)
- Alvin the Treacherousvillain in the "How to Train Your Dragon" book series and the "Riders of Berk" TV series
- Alvin Desmond aka Doctor Alchemycharacter on TV's "The Flash"