Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Slavic variation of Adeline"noble, nobility"
Adelina Origin and Meaning
The name Adelina is girl's name of Spanish, Italian, Slavic origin meaning "noble, nobility".
Adelina is back in the Top 1000 after an absence of nearly a century, thanks to the meteoric rise of her sister name Adeline -- along with Adelaide, Adele, and Ada. Some parents choose Adelina because they want to get to cute vintage nickname Addie, but others favor it as a slightly more unusual form of this sweet vintage girls' name. A lot of attention was focused on it recently via the women's figure skating gold medal winner at the Sochi winter olympics--Adelina Sotnikova.
While Adeline is usually pronounced in the U.S. with a long i in the last syllable, to rhyme with mine, Adelina is pronounced with the long e sound at the end, as in 'lee-na'.
# 446 in the US
Adelina Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Adelina
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Adelina.
Famous People Named Adelina
- Saint AdelinaFrench Benedictine nun
- Adelina of HollandCountess of Boulogne
- Adelina SotnikovaRussian figure skater
- Adelina AbranchesPortuguese stage actress
- Adelina GarciaAmerican singer
- Adelina GurreaFilipina journalist and writer
- Adelina IsmajliAlbanian,Kosovar singer
- Adelina de LaraBritish pianist
- Adélina LévêqueEmpress Consort of Haiti
- Adelina Dóris MonteiroBrazilian singer
- Adelina OteroWarren, American suffragist
- Adelina PattiItalian opera singer
- Adelina StehleAustrian opera singer
- Adelina ThaçiAlbanian,Kosovar singer
- Adelina YzacFrench writer
- Adelina Rose Mariano (b. 2014)daughter of reality TV personalities Rob and Amber Mariano
Adelina in Pop Culture
- Adelina Amouterumain character in "The Young Elites" book series by Marie Lu
- Princess Adelinaone of the main characters from "The Two Princesses of Bamarre" by Gail Carson Levine