Mac Origin and Meaning
The name Mac is a boy's name of Scottish, Irish origin meaning "son of".
In Ireland and Scotland, Mac and Mc mean "son of"; here, Mac is a generic fella, or a short form cooler than either Matt or Max. Mac can be a nickname of any longer Mac or Mc starting name such as McCoy or Macalister. If you want to make it feel more complete, you can always spell it Mack.
# 933 in the US
Mac Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Mac
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Mac.
Lists containing Mac
- Middle Names for Boys
- Preppy Baby Names
- Popular Nicknames
- Cute Baby Names for Boys
- Fastest-Rising Boy Names
- Irish Names for Dogs
- Cool Guy Names
- Nicknames for Baby Boys
- Attitude Nicknames for Boys
- Vintage Nicknames for Boys
- One-Syllable Middle Names for Boys
- Baby Names Everyone Thinks Are Cool
- Rock Star Baby Names
- Simple, Sleek, Cool Names
- Boy Names Dads Like More Than Moms
- Musician Baby Names
- Boy Names Kids Consider Cool
- Coolated Boys' Names
- Classic Rock Baby Names
- Best Scottish Boy Names
- Nickname Names
- Cute Baby Names
- One-Syllable Baby Names
- Middle Names for Baby Girls and Boys
- Short Baby Names
Famous People Named Mac
- Macstage name of McKinley Phipps, American rapper
- MacEnglish musician of hip hop group So Solid Crew
- Mac Drestage name of Andre Louis Hicks, American rapper
- Mac KingAmerican comedy magician
- Mac Mallstage name of Jamal Rocker, American rapper
- Mac Millerstage name of Malcolm James McCormick, American rapper
- Makoto "Mac" SuzukiJapanese baseball pitcher
- Mac BrandtAmerican actor
- Derek "Uncle Mac" McCullochBritish radio broadcaster
- Maclin "Mac" CodyAmerican NFL player
- McBriare Samuel Lanyon "Mac" DeMarco (born Vernor Winfield McBriare Smith IV)Canadian singer,songwriter
- Bernie Macstage name of Bernard Jeffrey McCullough, American actor/comedian
- Mason Mac Taylor Dawson (b. 2013)son of actor Ashley Taylor Dawson
- Johnathan Mackensey "Mac" WilliamsonSan Francisco Giants outfielder
Mac in Pop Culture
- Ronald "Mac" McDonaldcharacter in TV's "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia"
- Macintosh "Mac" computer brand from Apple, Inc.
- Mac Bradfordcharacter from the movie "Point Blank"
- Captain Maca character in video game Final Fantasy Mystic Quest
- Maca character in animated TV show "Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends"
- Maca character from Apple's "Get A Mac" ad campaign, representing a Macintosh computer
- MacGoofy Gopher in Looney Tunes cartoons
- Maca character from British sitcom "Green Wing"
- Macthe alien in movie "Mac and Me"
- Little Maca character in the "Punch,Out!!" video game series
- Mac Garganvillain in Spider,Man comics
- Mac Taylorcharacter from TV's "CSI: NY"
- Cindy "Mac" Mackenziea character from TV's "Veronica Mars"
- Randle "Mac" McMurphycharacter in "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"
- Angus "Mac" MacGyvermain character on TV's "MacGyver"
- Maca character from the "Clifford the Big Red Dog" series
- Macshort for macaroni, as in "mac 'n' cheese"
- MACcosmetic brand
- Fleetwood MacBritish,American rock band
- McClane "Mac" Peraltason of Jake Peralta and Amy Santiago from TV's Brooklyn Nine,Nine (Named after John McClane in Die Hard)
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.