Anderson Origin and Meaning
The name Anderson is a boy's name of Scandinavian origin meaning "son of Anders".
Anderson shot up quite a bit on the popular names list in the 2000's, no doubt in large part due to the prominence of white-haired cable newsman Anderson Cooper. Perhaps surprisingly though, Anderson was even higher on the list in 1880. Actress Edie Falco named her son Anderson in 2005. Though there haven't been many first-named Anderson namesakes, there have been countless notables bearing the surname, including Hans Christian, Marian, Maxwell, Sherwood, Gillian, Laurie, and Pamela.
# 317 in the US
Anderson Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Anderson
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Anderson.
Lists containing Anderson
Famous People Named Anderson
- Anderson Hays CooperAmerican journalist
- Anderson da SilvaBrazilian mixed martial artist
- Anderson Luís de AbreuBrazilian footballer
- Anderson Paakstage name of Brandon Paak Anderson, American singer and rapper
- Anderson RussellAmerican NFL player
- Andrew "Anderson" DawsonAustralian politician; Premier of Queensland for one week in 1899
- Anderson HernándezDominican baseball player
- Anderson Cléber BeraldoBrazilian footballer
- Ânderson Corrêa PolgaBrazilian footballer
- Anderson WebbYouTuber
Anderson in Pop Culture
- Anderson Carlislecharacter in "Sims" series
- Thomas A. "Neo" Andersonmain character in The Matrix films
- Blaine and Cooper Andersoncharacters on TV's "Glee"
- Phillip "The Idiot" Andersoncharacter on TV's Sherlock
- Sgt. Zeke Andersoncharacter on TV's Tour of Duty
- Mike Andersonmain character in video game Battle Clash/Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge
- Judge Andersoncharacter in film Judge Dredd
- Alexander Andersoncharacter in the anime/manga Hellsing
- Tom Andersonneighbor on TV's Beavis and Butthead
- Trent Andersoncharacter from Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol