Alvaro Origin and Meaning
The name Alvaro is a boy's name of Spanish origin meaning "elf warrior".
A well-used Spanish saint's name with a lot of flair that could definitely cross over to more general usage. It reached its peak in the United States in 1985, when it ranked Number 456. In Spain, Alvaro is a Top 10 boys' name.
# 817 in the US
Alvaro Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Alvaro
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alvaro.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Alvaro
Famous People Named Alvaro
- Álvaro Uribeformer president of Colombia
- Álvaro BautistaSpanish motorcycle racer
- Álvaro Obregónformer president of Mexico
- Álvaro SaboríoCosta Rican footballer
- Álvaro NegredoSpanish footballer
- Álvaro ParentePortuguese racing driver
- Álvaro RecobaUruguayan footballer
- Álvaro ArbeloaSpanish footballer
- Álvaro de Mendaña de NeiraSpanish explorer and navigator
- Álvaro PereiraUruguayan footballer
Alvaro in Pop Culture
- Alvaro SolerSpanish musician