12 New Celebrity Dads To Celebrate This Fathers Day
by Linda Rosenkrantz
Happy Father’s Day to all, and especially to these 12 celeb dads who have fathered new babies in the year since last Father’s Day—some for the very first time and some who have added to their growing families (Mel Gibson’s 9th, Mick Jagger’s 8th, Kelsey Grammer’s 7th). And since we gave a Nameberry shout-out to the moms of beautifully-named babies in the past year, some you won’t be seeing here: Ryan Reynolds and Blake Liveley’s Ines, Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunos’s Dimitri Portwood, and Jason Sukeikis and Olivia Wilde’s Daisy Josephine.
Arrow Rhodes & Zeppelin Bram — Jensen Ackles
A wildly imaginative pair of names was chosen by actor Jensen Ackles and his wife Danneel. Dynamic Arrow has shot into the realm of baby name possibility recently, perhaps influenced by all the archers in films. The more out-there Zeppelin was also used way back when by Korn singer Jonathan Davis, probably as a nod to Led Zeppelin.
- Jensen Ackles and his wife Danneel. Dynamic Arrow has shot into the realm of baby name possibility recently, perhaps influenced by all the archers in films. The more out-there Zeppelin was also used way back when by Korn singer Jonathan Davis, probably as a nod to Led Zeppelin." >
- Liam Payne welcomed his first son in March." >
- Adam Levine by frequent unofficial baby name advisor Ellen DeGeneris, who told him that “it’s a beautiful color as well.”" >
- Hannah chose a flower name that has started to burst into bloom again. At Number 186, Iris is at its highest point since the 1930s and is way up at 44 on Nameberry." >
- Ireland, Baldwin has fathered three children with wife Hilaria since 2013, with Leonardo arriving last September. Leonardo, inspired by actor DiCaprio, has now entered the Top 100, right alongside nickname Leo." >
- Brand chose a one-time bad girl name for his first child, stating that he put a lot of thought into his daughter’s name: “I wanted to stare at her to make sure it was the perfect name for her.” Mabel and image-cousin Sadie have been shimmying up the list." >
- Genevieve made a lovely choice for their third child. Odette is a very accessible French name, which was also chosen by Mark Ruffalo; Elliott has been recently borrowed by the girls." >
- Emilie welcomed their second son since 2015. Trendy first name River flows perfectly with the middle of big brother Charlie Ocean. Ranking at #214, River was also used by Keri Russell and by Jamie Oliver." >
- Rowan is now #239 for girls, 182 for boys." >
- Violet makes a perfect companion to big sister Hazel’s equally soft color name. Today Violet is at Number 47, joining other such popular flower names as Lily, Rose and Daisy. Several other celebs have chosen the name, starting with Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck." >
- James/ Jimmy would choose a name like William/Billy. The Kimmels also have a daughter classically named Jane. Currently at #3, William, currently newsy via the British prince, has been second only to John as the all-time most popular boys’ name in the English-speaking world." >
- Rhys Meyers and fiancée Mara Lane took a walk on the wild side with their son’s name, which, like Bear, has become increasingly tamed. Several other celebs have made this choice, which has now reached #221 on Nameberry and we wouldn’t be surprised to see it on the national list next year." >
You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
on June 16th, 2017 at 3:31 pm
Rowan Louise is actually stunning!
on June 18th, 2017 at 1:24 pm
And where is Benedict Cumberbatch and little Hal Auden?
Baby Name News of the Week – Baby Name Blog – Nameberry Said
on June 21st, 2017 at 10:54 pm
[…] week of Father’s Day saw the arrival of not only Beyoncé’s twins (names still unknown), but also lots of […]
leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.