Maren Origin and Meaning
The name Maren is girl's name of Latin origin meaning "sea".
Maren is one of the many twenty-first-century takes on Mary--but we find the more classic Marin spelling preferable. When spelled Maren, the pronunciation seems more clearly to resemble Mary, with the emphasis on the first syllable. Marin, the spelling also used for the beautiful coastal county north of San Francisco, is often pronounced with the emphasis on the second syllable, as in Marie.
# 439 in the US
Maren Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Maren
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Maren.
Famous People Named Maren
- Maren AdeGerman director and screenwriter
- Maren Larae MorrisAmerican country music singer
- Maren Kawehilani JensenAmerican actress and model
- Maren Cathrine SarsNorwegian socialite
- MarenSofie Røstvig, Norwegian academic
- Maren DerlienGerman rower
- Maren Virginia Mauer (b. 2013)daughter of baseball player Joe Mauer; twin sister Emily Teresa
- Maran Nelson (note different spelling)CEO/cofounder of Clara Labs
Maren in Pop Culture
- Maren Elizabethan alias of Six in the "I Am Number Four" series by Pittacus Lore