English, feminine variation of Albert"noble, bright"
Alberta Origin and Meaning
The name Alberta is girl's name of English origin meaning "noble, bright".
This jazzy old name could make a comeback, the way Josephine and Ella have. In England the name was popularized by Queen Victoria's daughter Princess Louise Caroline Alberta, after whom her governor general of Canada husband named the North American province. Jazz singer Alberta Hunter was a noted bearer.
20 Names Similar to Alberta
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alberta.
Lists containing Alberta
- Victorian Girl Names
- City Names for Babies
- Victorian Royal Baby Names
- Names That Mean Noble
- Names That Mean Hope
- Old Lady Names
- Old People Names
- Royal Baby Names for Your Little Prince or Princess
- Royal Names for Girls
- Victorian Names from the 1800s
- Feminizations of Male Names
- Old-Fashioned Girl Names
- Old-Fashioned Names
- Ugly Names for Pets
- Brilliant Names That Mean Light
- Old-Fashioned Cat Names
Famous People Named Alberta
- Saint Alberta of AgenRoman martyr
- Alberta HunterAmerican blues/jazz singer
- Alberta BriantiItalian tennis player
- Alberta Christine Williams Kingmother of civil rights icon Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Alberta SheriffSierra Leonean pop singer
- Louise Caroline AlbertaPrincess of the U.K; Duchess of Argyll; sixth child of Britain's Queen Victoria; inspired the name of Alberta, Canada
- Alberta WatsonCanadian actress
- Alberta Dornandaughter of actor Jamie Dornan & musician Amelia Warner
Alberta in Pop Culture
- Albertaprovince of Canada