Shawn Origin and Meaning
The name Shawn is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "God is gracious".
Shawn is a phonetic spelling of Sean that may be past its peak – it was a Top 30 name in the early 1970s – but is still very popular: 800 baby boys were named Shawn in the US in the most recent year counted vs 1300 given the original Sean spelling.
# 453 in the US
Shawn Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Shawn
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Shawn.
Lists containing Shawn
Famous People Named Shawn
- Shawn Corey Carter aka JayZ, American rapper
- Shawn Peter Raul MendesCanadian singer
- Shawn ThorntonCanadian ice hockey player
- Shawn Michaelsring name of Michael Shawn Hickenbottom, American pro wrestler
- Shawn HernandezAmerican pro wrestler
- Shawn DaivariAmerican pro wrestler
- Shawn Thomas aka CBo, American rapper
- Shawn Chrystopher (Garrett II)American rapper
- Shawn Antione Ivy aka DominoAmerican rapper
- Shawn Mathis WayansAmerican actor and comedian
- Shawn RayAmerican bodybuilder
- Shawn Robert AshmoreCanadian actor
- Shawn MarionAmerican basketball player
- Shawn GreenAmerican baseball player
- Shawn MullinsAmerican singer,songwriter
Shawn in Pop Culture
- Shawn Huntercharacter on TV's "Boy Meets World"
- Shawn Spencermain character on TV's "Psych"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.