Margaux Origin and Meaning
The name Margaux is a girl's name of French origin.
Yes, it's pronounced with a long o sound at the end, just like Margo and Margot. This spelling was popularized by supermodel, actress, and tragic Hemingway granddaughter Margaux, whose name spelling came courtesy of a bottle of French wine. (The original spelling of her name was Margot; she changed it when she heard her parents were drinking a bottle of Chateau Margaux the night she was conceived.) Margo itself is a diminutive of Margaret, which means "pearl" or, in its French version, "daisy." Margaret or Marguerite would be more stylish variations now.
20 Names Similar to Margaux
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Margaux.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Margaux
Famous People Named Margaux
- Margot Louise "Margaux" HemingwayAmerican model/actress; granddaughter of novelist Ernest Hemingway
- Margaux "Mocha" UsonFilipina singer of group Mocha Girls
- Margaux IsaksenAmerican Olympic pentathlete
- Margaux FarrellFrench Olympic swimmer
- Margaux AvrilFrench pop singer
- Margaux DietzSwedish blogger and influencer
- Dominique Margaux DawesAmerican gymnast
- Margaux Capucine d'Arabiandaughter of American chef and TV host Melissa d'Arabian; twin of sister Oceane
Margaux in Pop Culture
- Margaux LeMarchalcharacter on TV's "Revenge"
- Margaux ElizaldeMarasigan, character on Filipino TV series "Ina, Kapatid, Anak"