Jan Origin and Meaning
The name Jan is a boy's name of Dutch origin.
Properly pronounced yahn, most Americans will still equate it with the Brady Bunchesque girls' name Jan.
20 Names Similar to Jan
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Jan.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Jan
Famous People Named Jan
- JanHarm Pol, Dutch,American veterinarian who stars in the reality show "The Incredible Dr. Pol"
- Jan HusCzech church reformer
- Jan van EyckFlemish painter
- Jan Brueghel the ElderFlemish painter
- Jan de BrayDutch painter
- Jan III SobieskiKing of Poland
- Jan MagnussenDanish racing driver
- Jan MelaPolish explorer, teenage double amputee, youngest person to reach the North Pole
- Jan LammersDutch racing driver
- Jan CharouzCzech racing driver
- Jan HammerCzech jazz,pop musician
- Jan Masarykformer foreign minister of Czechoslovakia
- Jan TinbergenDutch economist
- Jan LambHong Kong DJ
Jan in Pop Culture
- Doctor Jan Szukalskicharacter from Night trains, by Barbara Wood