Guy Origin and Meaning
The name Guy is a boy's name of French origin meaning "guide, leader".
The patron saint of comedians and dancers (also known as St Vitus) has a name that is both the ultimate everyman, and has a hint of British aristocracy. In the States, Guy was most popular in the 1950s. Now he hovers steadily below the Top 1000, in the sweet spot of familiar but not overused. With the meteoric rise of Kai, Guy may have potential with parents looking for a more classic name with a similar sound.
20 Names Similar to Guy
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Guy.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Guy
Famous People Named Guy
- Guy Ramsay Fieri (nee Ferry)American celebrity chef and restaurateur
- Guy HebertAmerican hockey goalie
- Guy PerryAmerican actor
- Guy Berrymanbassist of Coldplay
- Guy RitchieEnglish film director
- Guy MadisonAmerican actor
- Guy Theodore SebastianAustralian singer
- Guy FawkesEnglish soldier and conspirator
- Guy MarianoAmerican pro skateboarder
- Guy FauchonCanadian actor
- Guy Pellyfriend of Prince Harry
- Guy de MaupassantFrench writer
- Guy Lee HovisAmerican singer from "The Lawrence Welk Show"
Guy in Pop Culture
- Guy of Gisbornecharacter in the Robin Hood series
- Guy Eldooncharacter in video game "Ace Attorney"
- Guy Douglascharacter in Temple Run
- Guy Pattersoncharacter in film "That Thing You Do!"
- Guy de Burgcharacter in "Wulf the Saxon" by G.A. Henty
- Guy Aylmercharacter in "At Agincourt" by G.A. Henty
- Guy Manneringcharacter in "Guy Mannering" by Sir Walter Scott
- Guy Montagmain character in "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury
- Guy SmileyMuppet game show host on TV's "Sesame Street"
- Guybeagle dog of Meghan, Duchess of Sussex
- Guy Gardnercharacter from DC Comics, one of the Green Lanterns