fer-NAN-do (Sp); fer-NAN-doo (Port.)
Spanish and Portuguese variation of Ferdinand"bold voyager"
Fernando Origin and Meaning
The name Fernando is a boy's name of Spanish, Portuguese origin meaning "bold voyager".
Can you hear the drums Fernando? Although 58% of Nameberries prefer Ferdinand to Fernando, the Iberian variant has a softer, more romantic feel that makes it a better fit with all those Javiers, Lorenzos and Matteos.
# 342 in the US
Fernando Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Fernando
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Fernando.
Lists containing Fernando
Famous People Named Fernando
- Fernando Martins de Bulhõesbirth name of Saint Anthony of Padua
- Fernando Álvarez de ToledoGrand Duke of Alba, Spanish noble, general, and diplomat
- Fernando VelascoAmerican football player
- Fernando VerdascoSpanish tennis player
- Fernando José TorresSpanish football player
- Fernando RodneyDominican baseball player
- Fernando AlonsoSpanish racing driver
- Fernando Francisco GonzálezChilean tennis player
- Fernando ValenzuelaMexican baseball player
- Fernando Manuel Fernandes da Costa SantosPortuguese footballer and manager
- Fernando António Nogueira PessoaPortuguese poet
- Fernando RieraChilean footballer
- Fernando Ricksenformer Dutch footballer
Fernando in Pop Culture
- "Fernando" song by Swedish pop group ABBA
- San Fernando ValleyLos Angeles, California
- Fernando Castillo Saavedrais a main character in telenovela "Destinos"
- Fernando Guererocharacter on TV's "Fuller House"
- Fernando Sucrecharacter on TV's "Prison Break"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.