Clinton Origin and Meaning
The name Clinton is a boy's name of English origin meaning "hilltop town".
Like many names that have strong political connotations, the attractiveness of the name Clinton will be affected by your world-view. But, taking politics out of the equation, Clinton has a lovely pastoral meaning, a strong sound and a tremendously wearable nickname - Clint - all which would seem to be in its favor for at least a second thought.
20 Names Similar to Clinton
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Clinton.
Lists containing Clinton
Famous People Named Clinton
- Clinton KellyAmerican fashion consultant and TV personality
- Clinton Joseph DavissonAmerican physicist
- Clinton Hubert MorrisonBritish footballer
- Clinton Earl PortisAmerican NFL player
- Clinton Merrick HurdleAmerican baseball manager
- Clinton "Clint" EastwoodAmerican actor and director
- Clinton Drew "Clint" DempseyAmerican soccer player
- Clinton "Clint" HowardAmerican actor; brother of director Ron Howard
- Clinton Darryl "Clint" MansellEnglish musician and composer
- Clinton James "Clint" McKayAustralian cricketer
- William Jefferson "Bill" Clintonformer U.S. President
- Hillary Diane Rodham ClintonAmerican politician
- former First LadyNY state senator, U.S. secretary of state, first woman to be a general,election candidate for U.S. President, winning the popular vote
- Dewitt ClintonAmerican politician, former governor of New York
Clinton in Pop Culture
- Clinton "Clint" Barton aka Hawkeyecharacter in Marvel comics and films
- Clinton Hillneighborhood in Brooklyn, New York
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.