The name Aurelia is a girl's name of Latin origin meaning "the golden one". Aurelia is ranked #677 on our popularity charts and is often added to lists like Antique Baby Names Back in Style and discussed in our forums with posts like "What would be the perfect twin?".
From the experts:
Aurelia is the shimmering female form of the Roman classic Aurelius, very common in the Roman Empire and currently experiencing a resurgence in the US—it re-entered the Top 1000 list in 2012 after a sixty-one year hiatus.
The name of several minor early saints, Aurelia's sound and feel can be credited for it being on the rise again. Aurora and Oriana are Aurelia cousins you might also want to consider.
Aurelia was the name of the mothers of Julius Caesar, the writer Sylvia Plath, and Arnold Schwarzenegger, who, in her honor, made it one of his daughter's middle names.
Lists containing Aurelia:
- Italian Baby Girl Names Beyond Rosa & Rosetta
- Roman Names
- Girl Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- Cool Girl Names from Ancient Cultures
- Vintage Baby Names
- 71 Best Names for Autumn Babies
- A+ Baby Names
- Roman Names for Girls
- Baby Name Favorites Right Now
- Antique Baby Names Back in Style
- Favorite Names on Nameberry
- Popular Baby Names 2017
- Goldfish Names
- 63 Marvelous Names for Leo Babies