Aneurin Origin and Meaning
The name Aneurin is a boy's name of Welsh origin meaning "honor".
Rarely heard in the US, it's best remembered in the U.K. via Aneurin Bevan, who as Minister for Health was instrumental in setting up the National Health Service. Bevan was known as Nye, and this is a case where that jaunty nickname is preferable to the original.
20 Names Similar to Aneurin
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Aneurin.
Lists containing Aneurin
Famous People Named Aneurin
- Aneurin BarnardWelsh actor
- Aneurin "Nye" BevanWelsh politician
- Aneurin WilliamsWelsh politician
- Aneurin Henry Thomas DonaldWelsh cricketer
- Aneurin JonesWelsh painter
- (Theophilus) Aneurin ReesWelsh rugby union player
- Aneurin "Aneirin" HughesWelsh actor
Aneurin in Pop Culture
- John Aneurin Lewislibrarian in That Uncertain Feeling (1955) by Kingsley Amis
- Pronounced AhNye,Rin
More Lists containing Aneurin
- Welsh Names
- Welsh Names for Boys
- 7 Letter Boy Names
- UK Baby Names
- UK Boy Names
- Boy Names Ending in N
- Names That Mean Honor
- Three Syllable Names for Boys
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.