German, Dutch, Scandinavian, and Estonian variation of John"God is gracious"
Johannes Origin and Meaning
The name Johannes is boy's name of German, Scandinavian, Dutch origin meaning "God is gracious".
An Old World name that might have a chance to rise again with other ancient and worldly forms. Be sure to say yo-HAHN-es.
20 Names Similar to Johannes
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Johannes.
Famous People Named Johannes
- Johannes BrahmsGerman composer
- Johannes KeplerGerman astronomer
- Johannes VermeerDutch painter
- Johannes GutenbergGerman inventor of the printing press
- Johannes Peter MüllerGerman physiologist
- Johannes HeveliusGerman astronomer
- Johannes Scotus EriugenaIrish theologian
- Johannes Diderik van der Waalswinner of the Nobel Prize for Physics
- Johannes Starkwinner of the Nobel Prize in Physics
- Johannes Fibigerwinner of the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine
- Johannes Vilhelm Jensenwinner of the Nobel Prize in Literature
- Johannes von Trappone of the real,life children of Georg Johannes and Maria von Trapp (of "Sound of Music" fame)
- Patrick Johannes AdamsCanadian actor
Johannes in Pop Culture
- Johannesthe seducer in "The Seducer's Diary" by Soeren Kierkegaard
- Johannes Jonkercharacter in J.K. Rowling's "History of Magic in North America"
- Johannes "Jojo" Betzlercharacter in the movie "Jojo Rabbit"