Woodrow Origin and Meaning
The name Woodrow is a boy's name of English origin meaning "row of houses by a wood".
Aside from President Wilson (born Thomas), most Woodrows, including Herman, Guthrie, and Harrelson, have chosen to be known as Woody, which says it all.
20 Names Similar to Woodrow
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Woodrow.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Woodrow
Famous People Named Woodrow
- (Thomas) Woodrow Wilson28th U.S. president
- Woodrow Tracy "Woody" HarrelsonAmerican actor
- Woodrow Wilson "Woody" GuthrieAmerican folk singer
- Woodrow LoweAmerican NFL football player
- Woodrow Stanley LloydCanadian politician; 8th Premier of Saskatchewan
- Woodrow Lyle WyattBaron Wyatt of Weeford, British politician, author, journalist
- Woodrow "Woody" DantzlerAmerican NFL football player
- Woodrow Wilson JonesU.S. Congressman from North Carolina
- Woodrow Michael KrollAmerican radio evangelist
- (Sydney) Woodrow ParfreyAmerican actor
- Woodrow Charles "Woody" HermanAmerican jazz clarinetist
- Wayne Woodrow "Woody" HayesAmerican college football coach
- Woodrow Wilson "Woody" PaigeAmerican sportswriter and broadcaster
Woodrow in Pop Culture
- Woodrow Huckleberry Tiberius "Woody" Boydmain character on TV's "Cheers," played by Woody Harrelson
- Woodrow Snidercharacter in movie "National Lampoon's Thanksgiving Family Reunion"
- Woodrow "Woody" Finkcharacter on TV's "The Suite Life on Deck"
- Woodrow "Woody" Strodecoroner on TV's "Psych"
- Woodrow Wayland Johnsoncharacter on TV's "Brickleberry"