Norwegian, Finnish, German, and Dutch variation of Timothy"honoring God"
Timo Origin and Meaning
The name Timo is a boy's name of German, Finnish origin meaning "honoring God".
Popular in its own right in Germany and definitely makes a more intriguing and grownup short form of the classic Timothy than Timmy or even Tim.
20 Names Similar to Timo
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Timo.
Lists containing Timo
- Best Two Syllable Names
- Cool Boy Names—Rare, Unique and Unusual
- Dutch Baby Names for Boys
- Finnish Baby Names for Boys
- Finnish Baby Names
- Exoticized Names
- Names That Mean Honor
- Creative Cat Names
- Two-Syllable Boy Names
- European Boy Names
- Best Unique Baby Names
- Scandinavian Names
- Unique Baby Names Ending In O
- Cool International Boy Names
Famous People Named Timo
- Timo GlockGerman racing driver
- Timo RäisänenSwedish musician
- Timo RöttgerGerman footballer
- Timo Jussi PenttiläFinnish architect
- Timo SeppänenFinnish ice hockey player
- Timo MaasGerman DJ
- Timo BeermannGerman footballer
Timo in Pop Culture
- Timo Mendescharacter from the German soap opera Verbotene Liebe
- Timo Proudgypsy boy character on the show The Finder