The name Tennyson is a boy's name of English origin meaning "son of Dennis". Tennyson and is often added to lists like Poet Baby Names and discussed in our forums with posts like "Quick Question Thread?!".
From the experts:
Few people would have considered the surname of this famous Victorian poet as a first name until Russell Crowe chose it for his son in 2006. But, as a rhythmic three-syllable patronymic, Tennyson has a lot going for it, not least of all the appealing nickname Tenny; it would make a novel choice for the son of a Dennis.
Other options: The poet's first name, Alfred, or the name of another esteemed bard, such as Eliot, Poe, Byron, Lowell or Lorca.
Lists containing Tennyson
Tennyson in Blog Posts
- Poetic Baby Names: 60+ Charming Choices
- Striking Midnight Names for the New Year
- Celebrity Baby Names: The wonderful oddballs of Oz
- Babyberry Roundup: The fourth quarterly report of 2012
- Celebrity Babies: Reese Witherspoon's boy Tennessee James
- Terrific T-Names: The Nameberry 9, from Tansy to Thatcher
Tennyson in the Forums
16 names similar to Tennyson
These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Tennyson. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Tennyson, try our name generator. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration!