Montague Origin and Meaning
The name Montague is a boy's name of French origin meaning "pointy hill".
The family name of Shakespeare's Romeo has an effete, monocled image.
20 Names Similar to Montague
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Montague.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Montague
Famous People Named Montague
- Montague "Monte" PfefferAmerican baseball player
- Montague UllmanAmerican psychoanalyst
- Montague LesslerAmerican representative from New York state
- Montague DruittEnglish barrister, suspect in the Jack the Ripper murders
- Montague ChamberlainAmerican Businessman
- Montague Rhodes JamesEnglish antiquarian and writer of ghost stories
- (Augustus) Montague SummersEnglish literary critic and clergyman
- Montague Graham ClarkAmerican educator
- Montague George "Monty" WestmoreAmerican movie make up artist
- Curtis Montague "Curt" SchillingAmerican baseball player
- Montague George Hector Hornerson of Geri Halliwell and Christian Horner
Montague in Pop Culture
- Romeo Montague and familycharacters in Shakespeare's "Romeo and Juliet"
- Duck the Great Western Engine aka Montaguean engine from TV's "Thomas and Friends"
- Montague the Mousecharacter from TV's "Johnny Test"
- Montague Eggdetective in series by Dorothy L. Sayers
- Montague "Monty" Bodkincharacter in P. G. Wodehouse novels
- Montague Brewstermain character in movie "Brewster's Millions"
- Dr. Montaguesupernatural investigator in Shirley Jackson's horror classic "The Haunting of Hill House"
- Montague "Monty" D'Ysquith Navarromain character in the Broadway musical "A Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder"
- Montague Bonecharacter in Jenny Nimmo's "The Children of the Red King" series