Lila is one of the girls' names with a double l sound -- Lila, Lola, and Lily -- that have recently caught on, and we must admit we love -- make that love love love -- them all. Sultry and forceful, Lila has a slight Near Eastern tinge. In Hinduism, Lila is a conceptualism of the universe as a playground of the gods
The only caveat: As a group, the double l names have gotten so stylish so quickly that they're verging on full-blown trendiness and tend to blend into one another. So while there may not be another little girl named Lila in town, between those named Lillian, Lily, Layla and so on, you may feel there's a double l overload.
Lila has been a recent hot TV character name, seen on such shows as Damages and Dexter, as well as Friday Night Lights, where the name is spelled Lyla--another trendy version.
Trivia tidbit: Diane Sawyer was born Lila Diane.
Lists containing Lila:
- If You Like Emily, You Might Love...
- Girl Names Trendier Than You Think
- If You Like Lily, You Might Love...
- Girl Baby Names Moving Up Fast
- Supermodel Baby Names
- Hipster Baby Names
- Cool Baby Names That Start With L
- Pretty Girl Names
- Stylish L Baby Names
- Baby Name Favorites Right Now
- Baby Names Everyone Thinks Are Cool
- Baby Girl Names to Love Right Now
- Attitude Names for Girls
- Popular Baby Names 2017
- Feminine Girl Names