English from French, d'Arcy" from Arcy"
Darcy Origin and Meaning
The name Darcy is a boy's name of French, Irish origin meaning " from Arcy".
Though Darcy is the ultimate Jane Austen hero name, it is rarely used for boys today though it's on the upswing for girls. A shame as it's a handsome, roguish kind of appellation that combines elements of French flair, aristocratic savoir faire, and a soft Irish brogue. And in terms of image, it's one of the quintessential English names for boys.
20 Names Similar to Darcy
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Darcy.
Lists containing Darcy
- Top Unisex Baby Names
- Literary Boy Names
- Adorable Poodle Names
- Rebel Poet Names
- Rare French Boy Names
- Geek Chic Names for Boys
- Fastest-Rising Names on Nameberry
- Literary Baby Names
- Jane Austen Names for Boys
- Jane Austen Baby Names
- Two-Syllable Boy Names
- Unisex Names for Boys
- Last Names as First Names
- Unisex Irish Names
- Best Irish Boy Names
Famous People Named Darcy
- Darcy James BlakeWelsh footballer
- Darcy Stephen WardAustralian motorcycle racer
- Darcy DallasCanadian ice hockey player
- Darcy FurberCanadian politician
- Darcy HordichukCanadian ice hockey player
- Darcy RibeiroBrazilian anthropologist and politician
- Darcy TuckerCanadian ice hockey player
- Darcy TadichAustralian actor
- Darcy BryceAustralian actor
Darcy in Pop Culture
- Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcya main character in Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice"
- Mark Darcycharacter in book/film "Bridget Jones's Diary"
- Darcy Meademinor character in Margaret Mitchell's "Gone with the Wind"
- Darcy Hawthornecharacter in "The Mother Daughter Book Club" by Heather Vogel Frederick
- Dr. Darcy Garlandcharacter on Canadian TV series "Murdoch Mysteries"
- Darcy Williamsonmain character on the brazilian soap opera "Orgulho & Paixão"