The name Cormac is a boy's name of Irish origin meaning "charioteer". Cormac and is often added to lists like Cool Boy Names From Around the World and discussed in our forums with posts like "Who's their sibling?".
From the experts:
Both offbeat and upbeat, this evocative traditional Irish name that runs through Celtic mythology is known here via award-winning novelist Cormac McCarthy (born Charles). The author's adopted name is related to Cormac Mac Airt, one of the great legendary high kings of Ireland.
In two of the Harry Potter movies, Cormac McLaggen is a Gryffindor student.
And for all you popularity-phobes, Cormac has never yet made it onto the American Top 1000 list.
Lists containing Cormac:
- Names All Your Friends Will Think Are Cool
- Cool Boy Names From Around the World
- Alternatives to Ryan
- Occupational Baby Names
- Irish Boy Names - Baby Names
- Gorgeous Autumn Baby Names
- Irish Baby Names
- Names from Harry Potter
- Cool Classic Boys’ Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Unique Irish Baby Names
- Popular Irish Baby Names
- Boy Names Uncommon in the US
- September Baby Names
- Bold Bohemian Names for Boys