Hebrew"God is my help"
Azriel Origin and Meaning
The name Azriel is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "God is my help".
Azriel is more masculine than Ariel, more unusual than Israel. Also spelled Asriel and Azrael, Azriel is the name of the Angel of Death in Jewish and Muslim traditions.
20 Names Similar to Azriel
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Azriel.
Lists containing Azriel
- Cool Biblical Baby Names
- Fastest-Rising Boy Names
- Biblical Baby Names
- Fastest-Rising Names on Nameberry
- Badass Baby Names
- Bible Names for Boys
- Unusual Biblical Baby Names
- Magic Names
- Nonbinary Names for Dogs
- Unique Boy Names: Unusual and Rare
- Jewish Baby Names
- Cool Guy Names
- Unique Cat Names
- Nonbinary Names
Famous People Named Azriel
- Azrielhead of the house of his fathers, of the tribe of Manasseh (1 Chr. 5:24)
- Azrielfather of Jerimoth, a ruler of Naphtali (1 Chr. 27:19)
- Azrielfather of Seraiah (Jeremiah 36:26)
- Azriel of Gironamedieval Jewish mystic
- Azriel HildesheimerGerman Orthodox rabbi
- Chaim Azriel Weizmann1st President of Israel
- Azriel (sometimes Ezriel) CarlebachIsraeli journalist
Azriel in Pop Culture
- Azrielcharacter in 'Servant of the Bones' by Anne Rice
- Lord Asrielcharacter in Philip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' trilogy
- Asriel Dreemurrcharacter in Toby Fox's Undertale
- Azriel Odinprotagonist of Wadjet Eye Games' "Gemini Rue"
- Azrielcharacter in A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas